Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Midnight between Thursday, October 4, 2012 and Friday, October 5, 2012.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 00:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.68 meters/second, 1514.4 km/hour, 941.0 miles/hour or 817.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.7"||940.70 mi||West||0° 02' 26.7"||2.80 mi||North||940.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 54.1"||754.91 mi||East||0° 32' 07.4"||36.83 mi||North||754.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hofuf||Fri 3:00 AM||547 km||340 miles||295 nm||N|
|Doha||Fri 3:00 AM||548 km||341 miles||296 nm||NNE|
|Salalah||Fri 4:00 AM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||SE|
|Al-Jamiliyah||Fri 3:00 AM||576 km||358 miles||311 nm||N|
|Riyadh||Fri 3:00 AM||582 km||361 miles||314 nm||NW|
|Al Khor||Fri 3:00 AM||591 km||367 miles||319 nm||NNE|
|Abu Dhabi||Fri 4:00 AM||616 km||383 miles||333 nm||NE|
|Riffa||Fri 3:00 AM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||N|
|Manama||Fri 3:00 AM||636 km||395 miles||344 nm||N|
|Dammam||Fri 3:00 AM||655 km||407 miles||354 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.