Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 12:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 00:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.66 meters/second, 1514.4 kilometres/hour, 941.0 miles/hour or 817.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.5"||940.67 mi||West||0° 02' 25.9"||2.79 mi||North||940.55 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 56.1"||754.92 mi||East||0° 31' 48.8"||36.48 mi||North||754.49 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Riyadh||Fri 3:08 AM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||NNW|
|Hofuf||Fri 3:08 AM||559 km||347 miles||302 nm||NNE|
|Doha||Fri 3:08 AM||628 km||390 miles||339 nm||NNE|
|Khamis Mushait||Fri 3:08 AM||628 km||390 miles||339 nm||WSW|
|Al-Jamiliyah||Fri 3:08 AM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||NNE|
|Al Khor||Fri 3:08 AM||664 km||413 miles||358 nm||NNE|
|Al Mukalla||Fri 3:08 AM||666 km||414 miles||360 nm||S|
|Riffa||Fri 3:08 AM||667 km||414 miles||360 nm||NNE|
|Manama||Fri 3:08 AM||678 km||421 miles||366 nm||NNE|
|Dammam||Fri 3:08 AM||682 km||424 miles||368 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.