Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 12:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 00:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.58 meters/second, 1514.1 kilometres/hour, 940.8 miles/hour or 817.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.0"||940.48 mi||West||0° 02' 21.9"||2.71 mi||North||940.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 06.3"||754.96 mi||East||0° 30' 11.3"||34.62 mi||North||754.51 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Sudan||Fri 3:50 AM||136 km||85 miles||73 nm||SW|
|Jeddah||Fri 3:50 AM||162 km||100 miles||87 nm||NE|
|Makkah||Fri 3:50 AM||201 km||125 miles||109 nm||ENE|
|Medina||Fri 3:50 AM||464 km||288 miles||251 nm||NNE|
|Keren||Fri 3:50 AM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||S|
|Khamis Mushait||Fri 3:50 AM||546 km||339 miles||295 nm||ESE|
|Asmara||Fri 3:50 AM||581 km||361 miles||314 nm||S|
|Kassala||Fri 3:50 AM||589 km||366 miles||318 nm||SSW|
|Teseney||Fri 3:50 AM||618 km||384 miles||334 nm||SSW|
|Mendefera||Fri 3:50 AM||628 km||390 miles||339 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.