Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 1:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 01:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.48 meters/second, 1513.7 km/hour, 940.6 miles/hour or 817.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 59.3"||940.27 mi||West||0° 02' 17.1"||2.62 mi||North||940.15 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 18.2"||755.01 mi||East||0° 28' 15.2"||32.40 mi||North||754.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kufra||Fri 3:40 AM||490 km||305 miles||265 nm||NW|
|Fada||Fri 2:40 AM||596 km||370 miles||322 nm||SW|
|Kharga Oasis||Fri 3:40 AM||714 km||444 miles||386 nm||NE|
|Al-Fashir||Fri 4:40 AM||770 km||478 miles||416 nm||S|
|Faya-Largeau||Fri 2:40 AM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||WSW|
|Khartoum||Fri 4:40 AM||882 km||548 miles||476 nm||SE|
|Luxor||Fri 3:40 AM||887 km||551 miles||479 nm||NE|
|Abéché||Fri 2:40 AM||925 km||574 miles||499 nm||SW|
|Al-Ubayyid||Fri 4:40 AM||931 km||579 miles||503 nm||SSE|
|Al Jizah||Fri 3:40 AM||1171 km||728 miles||632 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.