Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 2:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 02:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.43 meters/second, 1513.5 kilometres/hour, 940.5 miles/hour or 817.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.9"||940.15 mi||West||0° 02' 14.4"||2.57 mi||North||940.04 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 24.6"||755.04 mi||East||0° 27' 10.1"||31.15 mi||North||754.56 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bardaï||Fri 3:08 AM||244 km||152 miles||132 nm||WNW|
|Faya-Largeau||Fri 3:08 AM||293 km||182 miles||158 nm||S|
|Fada||Fri 3:08 AM||450 km||280 miles||243 nm||SE|
|Kufra||Fri 4:08 AM||580 km||360 miles||313 nm||NE|
|Abéché||Fri 3:08 AM||765 km||476 miles||413 nm||SSE|
|Sabha||Fri 4:08 AM||867 km||538 miles||468 nm||NNW|
|Ndjamena||Fri 3:08 AM||1037 km||644 miles||560 nm||SSW|
|Kano||Fri 3:08 AM||1485 km||923 miles||802 nm||SW|
|Tripoli||Fri 4:08 AM||1491 km||926 miles||805 nm||NNW|
|Khartoum||Fri 5:08 AM||1512 km||939 miles||816 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.