Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 2:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 02:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.39 meters/second, 1513.4 kilometres/hour, 940.4 miles/hour or 817.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.5"||940.06 mi||West||0° 02' 12.3"||2.53 mi||North||939.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 29.7"||755.06 mi||East||0° 26' 18.8"||30.17 mi||North||754.58 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Faya-Largeau||Fri 3:30 AM||621 km||386 miles||335 nm||ESE|
|Arlit||Fri 3:30 AM||713 km||443 miles||385 nm||WSW|
|Sabha||Fri 4:30 AM||717 km||445 miles||387 nm||N|
|Tamanrasset||Fri 3:30 AM||901 km||560 miles||486 nm||WNW|
|Zinder||Fri 3:30 AM||914 km||568 miles||494 nm||SW|
|Ndjamena||Fri 3:30 AM||946 km||588 miles||511 nm||S|
|Kano||Fri 3:30 AM||1111 km||690 miles||600 nm||SSW|
|Tripoli||Fri 4:30 AM||1366 km||849 miles||737 nm||N|
|Abuja||Fri 3:30 AM||1449 km||900 miles||782 nm||SSW|
|Niamey||Fri 3:30 AM||1478 km||918 miles||798 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.