Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 3:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 03:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.32 meters/second, 1513.1 kilometres/hour, 940.2 miles/hour or 817.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.1"||939.90 mi||West||0° 02' 08.6"||2.46 mi||North||939.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 38.7"||755.10 mi||East||0° 24' 45.7"||28.39 mi||North||754.61 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tamanrasset||Fri 4:10 AM||276 km||172 miles||149 nm||NNE|
|Arlit||Fri 4:10 AM||391 km||243 miles||211 nm||ESE|
|Agadez||Fri 4:10 AM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||SE|
|Niamey||Fri 4:10 AM||817 km||508 miles||441 nm||SSW|
|Maradi||Fri 4:10 AM||845 km||525 miles||456 nm||SSE|
|Timbuktu||Fri 3:10 AM||873 km||542 miles||471 nm||WSW|
|Zinder||Fri 4:10 AM||908 km||564 miles||490 nm||SE|
|Kano||Fri 4:10 AM||1059 km||658 miles||572 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Fri 3:10 AM||1099 km||683 miles||594 nm||SW|
|Abuja||Fri 4:10 AM||1325 km||823 miles||715 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.