Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, October 5, 2012 at 03:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 03:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.31 meters/second, 1513.1 km/hour, 940.2 miles/hour or 817.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.67 mi||west||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||north||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.1"||939.96 mi||west||0° 02' 08.5"||2.46 mi||north||939.85 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 38.9"||755.16 mi||east||0° 24' 43.1"||28.35 mi||north||754.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Agadez||Fri 4:10 AM||586 km||364 miles||316 nm||SE|
|In Salah||Fri 4:10 AM||744 km||463 miles||402 nm||NNW|
|Niamey||Fri 4:10 AM||810 km||503 miles||437 nm||SSW|
|Maradi||Fri 4:10 AM||856 km||532 miles||462 nm||SSE|
|Zinder||Fri 4:10 AM||924 km||574 miles||499 nm||SE|
|Kano||Fri 4:10 AM||1070 km||665 miles||578 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Fri 3:10 AM||1083 km||673 miles||585 nm||SSW|
|Abuja||Fri 4:10 AM||1312 km||815 miles||708 nm||SSE|
|Ndjamena||Fri 4:10 AM||1513 km||940 miles||817 nm||SE|
|Bamako||Fri 3:10 AM||1549 km||963 miles||836 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.