Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, October 5, 2012 at 03:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 03:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.32 meters/second, 1513.1 km/hour, 940.2 miles/hour or 817.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.67 mi||west||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||north||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.1"||939.90 mi||west||0° 02' 08.6"||2.46 mi||north||939.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 38.7"||755.10 mi||east||0° 24' 45.7"||28.39 mi||north||754.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arlit||Fri 4:10 AM||391 km||243 miles||211 nm||ESE|
|Agadez||Fri 4:10 AM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||SE|
|In Salah||Fri 4:10 AM||750 km||466 miles||405 nm||NNW|
|Niamey||Fri 4:10 AM||817 km||508 miles||441 nm||SSW|
|Maradi||Fri 4:10 AM||845 km||525 miles||456 nm||SSE|
|Dori||Fri 3:10 AM||857 km||533 miles||463 nm||SSW|
|Zinder||Fri 4:10 AM||908 km||564 miles||490 nm||SE|
|Kano||Fri 4:10 AM||1057 km||657 miles||571 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Fri 3:10 AM||1099 km||683 miles||594 nm||SW|
|Abuja||Fri 4:10 AM||1325 km||823 miles||715 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.