Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 3:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 78%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 03:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.30 meters/second, 1513.1 km/hour, 940.2 miles/hour or 817.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.0"||939.86 mi||West||0° 02' 07.6"||2.44 mi||North||939.75 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 40.8"||755.11 mi||East||0° 24' 22.4"||27.95 mi||North||754.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tamanrasset||Fri 4:20 AM||454 km||282 miles||245 nm||ENE|
|Arlit||Fri 4:20 AM||622 km||386 miles||336 nm||ESE|
|Timbuktu||Fri 3:20 AM||662 km||411 miles||357 nm||SW|
|Niamey||Fri 4:20 AM||787 km||489 miles||425 nm||S|
|Ouahigouya||Fri 3:20 AM||899 km||559 miles||486 nm||SSW|
|Maradi||Fri 4:20 AM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||SE|
|Ouagadougou||Fri 3:20 AM||980 km||609 miles||529 nm||SSW|
|Kano||Fri 4:20 AM||1194 km||742 miles||645 nm||SE|
|Bamako||Fri 3:20 AM||1367 km||850 miles||738 nm||SW|
|Abuja||Fri 4:20 AM||1416 km||880 miles||765 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.