Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 3:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 78%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 03:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.28 meters/second, 1513.0 km/hour, 940.1 miles/hour or 817.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.8"||939.82 mi||West||0° 02' 06.7"||2.42 mi||North||939.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 43.0"||755.12 mi||East||0° 23' 59.1"||27.50 mi||North||754.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Fri 3:30 AM||495 km||308 miles||267 nm||SSW|
|Tamanrasset||Fri 4:30 AM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||ENE|
|Ouahigouya||Fri 3:30 AM||803 km||499 miles||434 nm||SSW|
|Niamey||Fri 4:30 AM||839 km||521 miles||453 nm||SSE|
|Arlit||Fri 4:30 AM||865 km||537 miles||467 nm||ESE|
|Ouagadougou||Fri 3:30 AM||919 km||571 miles||496 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Fri 3:30 AM||945 km||587 miles||510 nm||SSW|
|Bamako||Fri 3:30 AM||1183 km||735 miles||639 nm||SW|
|Kano||Fri 4:30 AM||1366 km||849 miles||737 nm||SE|
|Marrakech||Fri 3:30 AM||1424 km||885 miles||769 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.