Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, October 5, 2012 at 03:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 78%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 03:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.28 meters/second, 1513.0 km/hour, 940.1 miles/hour or 817.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.67 mi||west||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||north||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.7"||939.88 mi||west||0° 02' 06.5"||2.42 mi||north||939.77 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 43.4"||755.18 mi||east||0° 23' 56.5"||27.45 mi||north||754.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dori||Fri 3:30 AM||735 km||457 miles||397 nm||S|
|Ouahigouya||Fri 3:30 AM||797 km||495 miles||430 nm||SSW|
|In Salah||Fri 4:30 AM||804 km||500 miles||434 nm||NNE|
|Niamey||Fri 4:30 AM||849 km||528 miles||459 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Fri 3:30 AM||916 km||569 miles||495 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Fri 3:30 AM||940 km||584 miles||508 nm||S|
|Fada N'gourma||Fri 3:30 AM||956 km||594 miles||516 nm||S|
|Agadez||Fri 4:30 AM||1019 km||633 miles||550 nm||ESE|
|Bamako||Fri 3:30 AM||1164 km||723 miles||628 nm||SW|
|Kano||Fri 4:30 AM||1385 km||861 miles||748 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.