Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 5:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 78%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 05:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.09 meters/second, 1512.3 kilometres/hour, 939.7 miles/hour or 816.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 02.0"||0.04 mi||North||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.4"||939.40 mi||West||0° 01' 56.2"||2.22 mi||North||939.30 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 06.4"||755.23 mi||East||0° 19' 42.6"||22.60 mi||North||754.75 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mindelo||Fri 4:20 AM||482 km||300 miles||261 nm||SSE|
|Santa Maria||Fri 4:20 AM||642 km||399 miles||347 nm||SE|
|Praia||Fri 4:20 AM||750 km||466 miles||405 nm||SSE|
|Nouakchott||Fri 5:20 AM||1216 km||756 miles||657 nm||ESE|
|Dakar||Fri 5:20 AM||1234 km||767 miles||666 nm||ESE|
|Banjul||Fri 5:20 AM||1387 km||862 miles||749 nm||ESE|
|Bissau||Fri 5:20 AM||1581 km||982 miles||854 nm||SE|
|El Aaiún||Fri 5:20 AM||1597 km||992 miles||862 nm||ENE|
|Ponta Delgada *||Fri 5:20 AM||1896 km||1178 miles||1024 nm||N|
|Conakry||Fri 5:20 AM||1906 km||1184 miles||1029 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.