Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, October 5, 2012 at 05:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 78%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 05:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.08 meters/second, 1512.3 km/hour, 939.7 miles/hour or 816.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||west||0° 00' 02.0"||0.04 mi||north||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.3"||939.44 mi||west||0° 01' 55.4"||2.21 mi||north||939.34 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 07.9"||755.29 mi||east||0° 19' 26.0"||22.28 mi||north||754.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mindelo||Fri 4:26 AM||593 km||369 miles||320 nm||SE|
|Praia||Fri 4:26 AM||860 km||534 miles||464 nm||SE|
|Dakar||Fri 5:26 AM||1391 km||864 miles||751 nm||ESE|
|Nouakchott||Fri 5:26 AM||1392 km||865 miles||752 nm||E|
|Banjul||Fri 5:26 AM||1541 km||957 miles||832 nm||ESE|
|Bissau||Fri 5:26 AM||1729 km||1075 miles||934 nm||ESE|
|El Aaiún||Fri 5:26 AM||1754 km||1090 miles||947 nm||ENE|
|Ponta Delgada *||Fri 5:26 AM||1916 km||1191 miles||1035 nm||N|
|Angra do Heroísmo *||Fri 5:26 AM||1999 km||1242 miles||1079 nm||N|
|Conakry||Fri 5:26 AM||2050 km||1274 miles||1107 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.