Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 5:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 78%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 05:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.09 meters/second, 1512.3 kilometres/hour, 939.7 miles/hour or 816.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 02.0"||0.04 mi||North||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.3"||939.38 mi||West||0° 01' 55.6"||2.21 mi||North||939.28 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 07.6"||755.23 mi||East||0° 19' 28.6"||22.33 mi||North||754.75 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mindelo||Fri 4:26 AM||573 km||356 miles||310 nm||SE|
|Santa Maria||Fri 4:26 AM||759 km||471 miles||410 nm||SE|
|Praia||Fri 4:26 AM||842 km||523 miles||455 nm||SE|
|Nouakchott||Fri 5:26 AM||1365 km||848 miles||737 nm||E|
|Dakar||Fri 5:26 AM||1366 km||849 miles||737 nm||ESE|
|Banjul||Fri 5:26 AM||1516 km||942 miles||819 nm||ESE|
|Bissau||Fri 5:26 AM||1706 km||1060 miles||921 nm||ESE|
|El Aaiún||Fri 5:26 AM||1730 km||1075 miles||934 nm||ENE|
|Ponta Delgada *||Fri 5:26 AM||1912 km||1188 miles||1032 nm||N|
|Conakry||Fri 5:26 AM||2027 km||1260 miles||1094 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.