Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 5:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 78%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 05:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.07 meters/second, 1512.2 km/hour, 939.7 miles/hour or 816.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 02.0"||0.04 mi||North||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.2"||939.34 mi||West||0° 01' 54.5"||2.19 mi||North||939.25 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 09.7"||755.24 mi||East||0° 19' 05.2"||21.88 mi||North||754.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mindelo||Fri 4:36 AM||770 km||478 miles||416 nm||ESE|
|Santa Maria||Fri 4:36 AM||976 km||606 miles||527 nm||ESE|
|Praia||Fri 4:36 AM||1028 km||638 miles||555 nm||SE|
|Dakar||Fri 5:36 AM||1595 km||991 miles||861 nm||ESE|
|Nouakchott||Fri 5:36 AM||1614 km||1003 miles||871 nm||E|
|Banjul||Fri 5:36 AM||1740 km||1081 miles||940 nm||ESE|
|Bissau||Fri 5:36 AM||1923 km||1195 miles||1038 nm||ESE|
|El Aaiún||Fri 5:36 AM||1956 km||1215 miles||1056 nm||ENE|
|Ponta Delgada *||Fri 5:36 AM||1961 km||1218 miles||1059 nm||NNE|
|Conakry||Fri 5:36 AM||2238 km||1391 miles||1209 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.