Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 6:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 78%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 06:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.02 meters/second, 1512.1 kilometres/hour, 939.5 miles/hour or 816.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||North||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.8"||939.22 mi||West||0° 01' 51.4"||2.13 mi||North||939.13 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 16.5"||755.28 mi||East||0° 17' 45.8"||20.37 mi||North||754.81 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Fri 5:10 AM||1794 km||1115 miles||969 nm||ESE|
|Cayenne||Fri 3:10 AM||2242 km||1393 miles||1211 nm||SW|
|Ponta Delgada *||Fri 6:10 AM||2302 km||1430 miles||1243 nm||NNE|
|Bridgetown||Fri 2:10 AM||2318 km||1440 miles||1251 nm||WSW|
|Paramaribo||Fri 3:10 AM||2375 km||1476 miles||1283 nm||SW|
|Fort-de-France||Fri 2:10 AM||2402 km||1493 miles||1297 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Fri 2:10 AM||2403 km||1493 miles||1298 nm||W|
|Roseau||Fri 2:10 AM||2410 km||1497 miles||1301 nm||W|
|Dakar||Fri 6:10 AM||2414 km||1500 miles||1304 nm||ESE|
|Castries||Fri 2:10 AM||2416 km||1501 miles||1305 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.