Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 6:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 78%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 06:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.00 meters/second, 1512.0 km/hour, 939.5 miles/hour or 816.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||North||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.6"||939.19 mi||West||0° 01' 50.3"||2.11 mi||North||939.10 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 18.3"||755.28 mi||East||0° 17' 22.4"||19.92 mi||North||754.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Fri 5:20 AM||2035 km||1265 miles||1099 nm||ESE|
|Bridgetown||Fri 2:20 AM||2080 km||1293 miles||1123 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Fri 3:20 AM||2088 km||1298 miles||1128 nm||SW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Fri 2:20 AM||2153 km||1338 miles||1163 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Fri 2:20 AM||2158 km||1341 miles||1165 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Fri 2:20 AM||2163 km||1344 miles||1168 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Fri 2:20 AM||2174 km||1351 miles||1174 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Fri 2:20 AM||2174 km||1351 miles||1174 nm||W|
|Paramaribo||Fri 3:20 AM||2195 km||1364 miles||1185 nm||SW|
|Kingstown||Fri 2:20 AM||2235 km||1389 miles||1207 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.