Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 7:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 77%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 07:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.94 meters/second, 1511.8 km/hour, 939.4 miles/hour or 816.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||North||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.3"||939.05 mi||West||0° 01' 46.6"||2.04 mi||North||938.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 26.2"||755.32 mi||East||0° 15' 48.9"||18.13 mi||North||754.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Fri 3:00 AM||1169 km||726 miles||631 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Fri 3:00 AM||1209 km||751 miles||653 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Fri 3:00 AM||1214 km||754 miles||656 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Fri 3:00 AM||1215 km||755 miles||656 nm||SW|
|Fort-de-France||Fri 3:00 AM||1228 km||763 miles||663 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Fri 3:00 AM||1248 km||776 miles||674 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Fri 3:00 AM||1259 km||782 miles||680 nm||SW|
|Kingstown||Fri 3:00 AM||1339 km||832 miles||723 nm||SW|
|Saint George's||Fri 3:00 AM||1463 km||909 miles||790 nm||SW|
|Port of Spain||Fri 3:00 AM||1553 km||965 miles||839 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.