Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, October 5, 2012 at 07:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 77%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 07:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.94 meters/second, 1511.8 km/hour, 939.4 miles/hour or 816.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||west||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||north||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.3"||939.05 mi||west||0° 01' 46.6"||2.04 mi||north||938.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 26.2"||755.32 mi||east||0° 15' 48.9"||18.13 mi||north||754.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Fri 3:00 AM||1169 km||726 miles||631 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Fri 3:00 AM||1209 km||751 miles||653 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Fri 3:00 AM||1214 km||754 miles||656 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Fri 3:00 AM||1215 km||755 miles||656 nm||SW|
|Fort-de-France||Fri 3:00 AM||1228 km||763 miles||663 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Fri 3:00 AM||1248 km||776 miles||674 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Fri 3:00 AM||1259 km||782 miles||680 nm||SW|
|Kingstown||Fri 3:00 AM||1339 km||832 miles||723 nm||SW|
|Saint George's||Fri 3:00 AM||1463 km||909 miles||790 nm||SW|
|Port of Spain||Fri 3:00 AM||1553 km||965 miles||839 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.