Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, October 5, 2012 at 07:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 77%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 07:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.94 meters/second, 1511.8 km/hour, 939.4 miles/hour or 816.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||west||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||north||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.1"||939.11 mi||west||0° 01' 46.4"||2.03 mi||north||939.02 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 26.3"||755.37 mi||east||0° 15' 46.2"||18.08 mi||north||754.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Fri 3:00 AM||1142 km||710 miles||617 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Fri 3:00 AM||1183 km||735 miles||639 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Fri 3:00 AM||1189 km||739 miles||642 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Fri 3:00 AM||1194 km||742 miles||645 nm||SW|
|Fort-de-France||Fri 3:00 AM||1204 km||748 miles||650 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Fri 3:00 AM||1221 km||759 miles||659 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Fri 3:00 AM||1236 km||768 miles||667 nm||SW|
|Kingstown||Fri 3:00 AM||1317 km||818 miles||711 nm||SW|
|Saint George's||Fri 3:00 AM||1441 km||895 miles||778 nm||SW|
|Port of Spain||Fri 3:00 AM||1533 km||953 miles||828 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.