Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 7:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 77%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 07:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.92 meters/second, 1511.7 km/hour, 939.3 miles/hour or 816.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||North||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.0"||939.02 mi||West||0° 01' 45.5"||2.02 mi||North||938.93 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 28.1"||755.33 mi||East||0° 15' 25.4"||17.69 mi||North||754.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Fri 3:10 AM||907 km||564 miles||490 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Fri 3:10 AM||934 km||580 miles||504 nm||WSW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Fri 3:10 AM||953 km||592 miles||515 nm||WSW|
|Brades||Fri 3:10 AM||985 km||612 miles||532 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Fri 3:10 AM||985 km||612 miles||532 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Fri 3:10 AM||1001 km||622 miles||540 nm||SW|
|The Valley||Fri 3:10 AM||1008 km||626 miles||544 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Fri 3:10 AM||1010 km||627 miles||545 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Fri 3:10 AM||1025 km||637 miles||553 nm||SW|
|Bridgetown||Fri 3:10 AM||1046 km||650 miles||565 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.