Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 7:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 77%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 07:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.91 meters/second, 1511.7 kilometres/hour, 939.3 miles/hour or 816.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||North||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.9"||938.99 mi||West||0° 01' 44.6"||2.00 mi||North||938.90 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 30.0"||755.34 mi||East||0° 15' 02.0"||17.24 mi||North||754.91 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Fri 3:20 AM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Fri 3:20 AM||712 km||443 miles||385 nm||WSW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Fri 3:20 AM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||SW|
|Gustavia||Fri 3:20 AM||761 km||473 miles||411 nm||WSW|
|Brades||Fri 3:20 AM||765 km||475 miles||413 nm||SW|
|The Valley||Fri 3:20 AM||768 km||477 miles||414 nm||WSW|
|Philipsburg||Fri 3:20 AM||774 km||481 miles||418 nm||WSW|
|Marigot||Fri 3:20 AM||776 km||482 miles||419 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Fri 3:20 AM||780 km||485 miles||421 nm||WSW|
|Charlestown||Fri 3:20 AM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.