Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, October 5, 2012 at 08:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 77%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 08:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.84 meters/second, 1511.4 km/hour, 939.1 miles/hour or 816.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.65 mi||west||0° 00' 01.7"||0.03 mi||north||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.3"||938.89 mi||west||0° 01' 39.7"||1.91 mi||north||938.80 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 39.3"||755.44 mi||east||0° 13' 02.4"||14.95 mi||north||755.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Plata||Fri 4:10 AM||241 km||150 miles||130 nm||WSW|
|Punta Cana||Fri 4:10 AM||250 km||155 miles||135 nm||S|
|Santiago de los Caballeros||Fri 4:10 AM||262 km||163 miles||141 nm||WSW|
|Cockburn Town *||Fri 4:10 AM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||WNW|
|Santo Domingo||Fri 4:10 AM||291 km||181 miles||157 nm||SSW|
|Mayagüez||Fri 4:10 AM||325 km||202 miles||175 nm||SSE|
|San Juan||Fri 4:10 AM||367 km||228 miles||198 nm||SE|
|Ponce||Fri 4:10 AM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||SE|
|Cap-Haïtien *||Fri 4:10 AM||390 km||242 miles||211 nm||WSW|
|Caguas||Fri 4:10 AM||391 km||243 miles||211 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.