Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 10:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 10:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.65 meters/second, 1510.7 km/hour, 938.7 miles/hour or 815.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 01.5"||0.03 mi||North||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.8"||938.39 mi||West||0° 01' 25.7"||1.64 mi||North||938.32 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 04.2"||755.51 mi||East||0° 07' 22.8"||8.46 mi||North||755.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Guadalajara *||Fri 5:36 AM||39 km||24 miles||21 nm||ESE|
|Ajijic *||Fri 5:36 AM||74 km||46 miles||40 nm||SE|
|Ixtlán del Río *||Fri 4:36 AM||75 km||47 miles||41 nm||WNW|
|Tepic *||Fri 4:36 AM||147 km||91 miles||79 nm||WNW|
|Puerto Vallarta *||Fri 5:36 AM||164 km||102 miles||89 nm||W|
|Colima *||Fri 5:36 AM||177 km||110 miles||95 nm||S|
|Aguascalientes *||Fri 5:36 AM||184 km||114 miles||99 nm||NE|
|Punta Mita *||Fri 5:36 AM||193 km||120 miles||104 nm||W|
|Manzanillo *||Fri 5:36 AM||209 km||130 miles||113 nm||SSW|
|Leon *||Fri 5:36 AM||210 km||130 miles||113 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.