Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 11:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 11:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.59 meters/second, 1510.5 km/hour, 938.6 miles/hour or 815.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.3"||0.03 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.3"||938.28 mi||West||0° 01' 21.5"||1.56 mi||North||938.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 11.3"||755.55 mi||East||0° 05' 39.7"||6.49 mi||North||755.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mazatlan *||Fri 5:20 AM||856 km||532 miles||462 nm||ENE|
|Puerto Vallarta *||Fri 6:20 AM||946 km||588 miles||511 nm||E|
|Hermosillo||Fri 4:20 AM||973 km||604 miles||525 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara *||Fri 6:20 AM||1142 km||710 miles||617 nm||E|
|Chihuahua *||Fri 5:20 AM||1199 km||745 miles||648 nm||NE|
|Aguascalientes *||Fri 6:20 AM||1252 km||778 miles||676 nm||E|
|Tucson||Fri 4:20 AM||1304 km||810 miles||704 nm||NNE|
|Mexicali *||Fri 4:20 AM||1310 km||814 miles||708 nm||N|
|Leon *||Fri 6:20 AM||1314 km||816 miles||709 nm||E|
|Tijuana *||Fri 4:20 AM||1321 km||821 miles||713 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.