Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 11:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 11:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.57 meters/second, 1510.5 km/hour, 938.6 miles/hour or 815.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.3"||0.03 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.1"||938.23 mi||West||0° 01' 19.8"||1.53 mi||North||938.17 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 13.7"||755.56 mi||East||0° 05' 02.1"||5.77 mi||North||755.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hermosillo||Fri 4:36 AM||1167 km||725 miles||630 nm||NE|
|Mazatlan *||Fri 5:36 AM||1242 km||772 miles||671 nm||ENE|
|Tijuana *||Fri 4:36 AM||1298 km||806 miles||701 nm||N|
|San Diego *||Fri 4:36 AM||1317 km||819 miles||711 nm||N|
|Mexicali *||Fri 4:36 AM||1333 km||828 miles||720 nm||N|
|Puerto Vallarta *||Fri 6:36 AM||1349 km||838 miles||728 nm||E|
|Long Beach *||Fri 4:36 AM||1431 km||889 miles||773 nm||N|
|Tucson||Fri 4:36 AM||1451 km||901 miles||783 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles *||Fri 4:36 AM||1461 km||908 miles||789 nm||N|
|Phoenix||Fri 4:36 AM||1520 km||944 miles||821 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.