Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 11:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 11:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.56 meters/second, 1510.4 km/hour, 938.5 miles/hour or 815.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.3"||0.03 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.1"||938.21 mi||West||0° 01' 18.9"||1.51 mi||North||938.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 15.2"||755.57 mi||East||0° 04' 38.5"||5.32 mi||North||755.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hermosillo||Fri 4:46 AM||1332 km||828 miles||719 nm||NE|
|Tijuana *||Fri 4:46 AM||1340 km||833 miles||723 nm||NNE|
|San Diego *||Fri 4:46 AM||1357 km||843 miles||733 nm||NNE|
|Mexicali *||Fri 4:46 AM||1401 km||871 miles||757 nm||NNE|
|Long Beach *||Fri 4:46 AM||1450 km||901 miles||783 nm||N|
|Los Angeles *||Fri 4:46 AM||1479 km||919 miles||799 nm||N|
|Mazatlan *||Fri 5:46 AM||1487 km||924 miles||803 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Fri 4:46 AM||1629 km||1012 miles||880 nm||NNE|
|Las Vegas *||Fri 4:46 AM||1774 km||1102 miles||958 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara *||Fri 6:46 AM||1796 km||1116 miles||970 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.