Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 1:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 13:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.45 meters/second, 1510.0 km/hour, 938.3 miles/hour or 815.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.1"||0.02 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 51.0"||937.96 mi||West||0° 01' 08.9"||1.32 mi||North||937.90 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 30.4"||755.66 mi||East||0° 00' 34.2"||0.66 mi||North||755.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Fri 3:30 AM||1257 km||781 miles||678 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 3:30 AM||2452 km||1524 miles||1324 nm||SSW|
|San Francisco *||Fri 6:30 AM||2924 km||1817 miles||1579 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles *||Fri 6:30 AM||3070 km||1908 miles||1658 nm||NE|
|Midway||Fri 2:30 AM||3292 km||2046 miles||1778 nm||WNW|
|Las Vegas *||Fri 6:30 AM||3417 km||2123 miles||1845 nm||NE|
|Phoenix||Fri 6:30 AM||3596 km||2235 miles||1942 nm||ENE|
|Hermosillo||Fri 6:30 AM||3614 km||2246 miles||1952 nm||ENE|
|Seattle *||Fri 6:30 AM||3635 km||2258 miles||1963 nm||NNE|
|Vancouver *||Fri 6:30 AM||3734 km||2320 miles||2016 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.