Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 2:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 14:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.41 meters/second, 1509.9 kilometres/hour, 938.2 miles/hour or 815.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.7"||937.87 mi||West||0° 01' 04.9"||1.24 mi||North||937.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 35.8"||755.69 mi||East||0° 00' 59.6"||1.14 mi||South||755.73 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wailuku||Fri 4:10 AM||110 km||69 miles||60 nm||W|
|Napili-Honokowai||Fri 4:10 AM||128 km||80 miles||69 nm||W|
|Hilo||Fri 4:10 AM||139 km||86 miles||75 nm||SSE|
|Kailua-Kona||Fri 4:10 AM||152 km||95 miles||82 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Fri 4:10 AM||255 km||158 miles||137 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 4:10 AM||2117 km||1316 miles||1143 nm||S|
|Midway||Fri 3:10 AM||2359 km||1466 miles||1274 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Fri 2:10 AM||3239 km||2012 miles||1749 nm||SW|
|San Francisco *||Fri 7:10 AM||3683 km||2288 miles||1989 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Sat 3:10 AM||3767 km||2341 miles||2034 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.