Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 2:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 14:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.40 meters/second, 1509.8 km/hour, 938.2 miles/hour or 815.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.6"||937.85 mi||West||0° 01' 04.0"||1.22 mi||North||937.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 37.2"||755.70 mi||East||0° 01' 23.1"||1.59 mi||South||755.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Fri 4:20 AM||44 km||27 miles||24 nm||N|
|Napili-Honokowai||Fri 4:20 AM||124 km||77 miles||67 nm||E|
|Wailuku||Fri 4:20 AM||141 km||88 miles||76 nm||E|
|Lihue||Fri 4:20 AM||195 km||121 miles||105 nm||NW|
|Kailua-Kona||Fri 4:20 AM||241 km||150 miles||130 nm||SE|
|Hilo||Fri 4:20 AM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 4:20 AM||2109 km||1310 miles||1139 nm||S|
|Midway||Fri 3:20 AM||2132 km||1325 miles||1151 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Fri 2:20 AM||3059 km||1901 miles||1652 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Sat 2:20 AM||3647 km||2266 miles||1969 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.