Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 3:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 15:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.35 meters/second, 1509.7 km/hour, 938.1 miles/hour or 815.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.0"||937.73 mi||West||0° 00' 58.1"||1.11 mi||North||937.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 44.8"||755.74 mi||East||0° 03' 44.2"||4.29 mi||South||755.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Fri 4:20 AM||951 km||591 miles||514 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Fri 5:20 AM||1508 km||937 miles||814 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Sat 3:20 AM||2200 km||1367 miles||1188 nm||W|
|Majuro||Sat 3:20 AM||2336 km||1451 miles||1261 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Fri 3:20 AM||2338 km||1453 miles||1262 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 5:20 AM||2668 km||1658 miles||1441 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Sat 3:20 AM||2681 km||1666 miles||1447 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Sat 3:20 AM||3274 km||2035 miles||1768 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 4:20 AM||3354 km||2084 miles||1811 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Sat 3:20 AM||3385 km||2103 miles||1828 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.