Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 3:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 15:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.33 meters/second, 1509.6 km/hour, 938.0 miles/hour or 815.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.9"||937.70 mi||West||0° 00' 56.5"||1.08 mi||North||937.65 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 46.8"||755.76 mi||East||0° 04' 21.8"||5.01 mi||South||755.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Fri 4:36 AM||813 km||505 miles||439 nm||N|
|Wake Island||Sat 3:36 AM||1797 km||1117 miles||970 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Fri 5:36 AM||1910 km||1187 miles||1031 nm||E|
|Majuro||Sat 3:36 AM||2031 km||1262 miles||1097 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Fri 3:36 AM||2295 km||1426 miles||1239 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sat 3:36 AM||2456 km||1526 miles||1326 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 5:36 AM||2944 km||1829 miles||1590 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Sat 3:36 AM||3001 km||1865 miles||1620 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Sat 2:36 AM||3163 km||1965 miles||1708 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Sat 3:36 AM||3297 km||2048 miles||1780 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.