Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 4:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 16:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.29 meters/second, 1509.5 km/hour, 937.9 miles/hour or 815.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.9"||0.02 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.4"||937.61 mi||West||0° 00' 51.8"||0.99 mi||North||937.56 mi|
|24 hours||348° 18' 07.2"||755.80 mi||West||0° 06' 19.5"||7.25 mi||South||756.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sat 4:26 AM||556 km||345 miles||300 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Fri 5:26 AM||1370 km||851 miles||740 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Sat 4:26 AM||1534 km||953 miles||828 nm||S|
|Palikir||Sat 3:26 AM||2127 km||1322 miles||1149 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Sat 4:26 AM||2166 km||1346 miles||1170 nm||S|
|Yaren||Sat 4:26 AM||2434 km||1512 miles||1314 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 4:26 AM||2634 km||1637 miles||1422 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Sat 2:26 AM||2974 km||1848 miles||1606 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Fri 6:26 AM||3162 km||1965 miles||1707 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Sat 4:26 AM||3363 km||2090 miles||1816 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.