Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 4:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 16:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.29 meters/second, 1509.4 km/hour, 937.9 miles/hour or 815.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.9"||0.02 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.4"||937.59 mi||West||0° 00' 50.8"||0.97 mi||North||937.55 mi|
|24 hours||348° 18' 06.0"||755.80 mi||West||0° 06' 43.0"||7.70 mi||South||756.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sat 4:36 AM||328 km||204 miles||177 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Sat 4:36 AM||1552 km||964 miles||838 nm||S|
|Midway||Fri 5:36 AM||1575 km||978 miles||850 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Sat 3:36 AM||1959 km||1217 miles||1058 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Sat 4:36 AM||2200 km||1367 miles||1188 nm||S|
|Yaren||Sat 4:36 AM||2392 km||1486 miles||1292 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Sat 2:36 AM||2729 km||1696 miles||1474 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 4:36 AM||2773 km||1723 miles||1497 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Sat 1:36 AM||3306 km||2054 miles||1785 nm||NW|
|Honolulu||Fri 6:36 AM||3412 km||2120 miles||1842 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.