Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 5:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 17:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.26 meters/second, 1509.3 km/hour, 937.9 miles/hour or 815.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.8"||0.02 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.9"||937.52 mi||West||0° 00' 46.8"||0.90 mi||North||937.48 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 58.3"||755.84 mi||East||0° 08' 17.1"||9.50 mi||South||756.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sat 5:16 AM||764 km||475 miles||412 nm||ESE|
|Palikir||Sat 4:16 AM||1562 km||970 miles||843 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Sat 3:16 AM||1779 km||1105 miles||960 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Sat 5:16 AM||1977 km||1228 miles||1067 nm||SE|
|Midway||Fri 6:16 AM||2465 km||1532 miles||1331 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Sat 5:16 AM||2509 km||1559 miles||1355 nm||SSE|
|Yokohama||Sat 2:16 AM||2520 km||1566 miles||1361 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Sat 2:16 AM||2532 km||1573 miles||1367 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Sat 5:16 AM||2609 km||1621 miles||1409 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Sat 2:16 AM||3069 km||1907 miles||1657 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.