Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 5:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 17:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.25 meters/second, 1509.3 km/hour, 937.8 miles/hour or 815.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.8"||0.02 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.8"||937.51 mi||West||0° 00' 45.8"||0.88 mi||North||937.47 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 59.4"||755.84 mi||East||0° 08' 40.8"||9.95 mi||South||756.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sat 5:26 AM||1011 km||628 miles||546 nm||E|
|Hagåtña||Sat 3:26 AM||1556 km||967 miles||840 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Sat 4:26 AM||1558 km||968 miles||841 nm||S|
|Majuro||Sat 5:26 AM||2170 km||1348 miles||1172 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Sat 2:26 AM||2349 km||1460 miles||1268 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Sat 2:26 AM||2357 km||1464 miles||1273 nm||NW|
|Nagoya||Sat 2:26 AM||2528 km||1571 miles||1365 nm||NW|
|Kyoto||Sat 2:26 AM||2607 km||1620 miles||1408 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Sat 5:26 AM||2607 km||1620 miles||1408 nm||SSE|
|Osaka||Sat 2:26 AM||2608 km||1620 miles||1408 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.