Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 5:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 17:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.24 meters/second, 1509.3 km/hour, 937.8 miles/hour or 814.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.8"||0.02 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.8"||937.49 mi||West||0° 00' 44.9"||0.86 mi||North||937.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 00.4"||755.85 mi||East||0° 09' 04.2"||10.40 mi||South||756.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sat 5:36 AM||1260 km||783 miles||680 nm||E|
|Hagåtña||Sat 3:36 AM||1346 km||836 miles||727 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Sat 4:36 AM||1598 km||993 miles||863 nm||SSE|
|Yokohama||Sat 2:36 AM||2183 km||1356 miles||1179 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Sat 2:36 AM||2193 km||1363 miles||1184 nm||NW|
|Nagoya||Sat 2:36 AM||2347 km||1459 miles||1268 nm||NW|
|Majuro||Sat 5:36 AM||2361 km||1467 miles||1275 nm||SE|
|Osaka||Sat 2:36 AM||2419 km||1503 miles||1306 nm||NW|
|Kyoto||Sat 2:36 AM||2421 km||1505 miles||1307 nm||NW|
|Kobe||Sat 2:36 AM||2444 km||1519 miles||1320 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.