Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, October 5, 2012 at 18:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 18:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.21 meters/second, 1509.2 km/hour, 937.8 miles/hour or 814.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.63 mi||west||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||north||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.5"||937.49 mi||west||0° 00' 40.4"||0.77 mi||north||937.46 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 05.1"||755.94 mi||east||0° 10' 50.5"||12.43 mi||south||756.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sat 4:20 AM||672 km||417 miles||363 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Sat 4:20 AM||837 km||520 miles||452 nm||S|
|Hamamatsu||Sat 3:20 AM||1634 km||1015 miles||882 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Sat 3:20 AM||1640 km||1019 miles||885 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Sat 3:20 AM||1654 km||1028 miles||893 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Sat 3:20 AM||1662 km||1032 miles||897 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Sat 3:20 AM||1674 km||1040 miles||904 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sat 3:20 AM||1679 km||1043 miles||907 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Sat 3:20 AM||1712 km||1063 miles||924 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Sat 3:20 AM||1722 km||1070 miles||930 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.