Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 6:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 18:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.21 meters/second, 1509.2 kilometres/hour, 937.7 miles/hour or 814.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.5"||937.42 mi||West||0° 00' 40.0"||0.77 mi||North||937.38 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 05.6"||755.89 mi||East||0° 11' 02.0"||12.65 mi||South||756.46 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sat 4:26 AM||720 km||447 miles||389 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Sat 4:26 AM||861 km||535 miles||465 nm||SSE|
|Hamamatsu||Sat 3:26 AM||1595 km||991 miles||861 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Sat 3:26 AM||1606 km||998 miles||867 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Sat 3:26 AM||1632 km||1014 miles||881 nm||N|
|Kawasaki||Sat 3:26 AM||1638 km||1018 miles||884 nm||N|
|Sagamihara||Sat 3:26 AM||1648 km||1024 miles||890 nm||N|
|Tokyo||Sat 3:26 AM||1655 km||1028 miles||894 nm||N|
|Nagoya||Sat 3:26 AM||1669 km||1037 miles||901 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Sat 3:26 AM||1671 km||1038 miles||902 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.