Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, October 5, 2012 at 18:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 18:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.21 meters/second, 1509.2 km/hour, 937.7 miles/hour or 814.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.63 mi||west||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||north||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.3"||937.48 mi||west||0° 00' 40.0"||0.76 mi||north||937.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 05.7"||755.94 mi||east||0° 11' 04.6"||12.70 mi||south||756.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sat 4:26 AM||734 km||456 miles||396 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Sat 4:26 AM||869 km||540 miles||469 nm||SSE|
|Hamamatsu||Sat 3:26 AM||1587 km||986 miles||857 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Sat 3:26 AM||1599 km||994 miles||864 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Sat 3:26 AM||1625 km||1010 miles||877 nm||N|
|Kawasaki||Sat 3:26 AM||1633 km||1015 miles||882 nm||N|
|Sagamihara||Sat 3:26 AM||1643 km||1021 miles||887 nm||N|
|Tokyo||Sat 3:26 AM||1651 km||1026 miles||891 nm||N|
|Osaka||Sat 3:26 AM||1659 km||1031 miles||896 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Sat 3:26 AM||1660 km||1032 miles||897 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.