Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 6:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 18:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.20 meters/second, 1509.1 kilometres/hour, 937.7 miles/hour or 814.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.3"||937.41 mi||West||0° 00' 39.0"||0.75 mi||North||937.37 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 06.5"||755.90 mi||East||0° 11' 25.6"||13.10 mi||South||756.49 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sat 4:36 AM||868 km||539 miles||469 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Sat 4:36 AM||961 km||597 miles||519 nm||SSE|
|Hamamatsu||Sat 3:36 AM||1540 km||957 miles||832 nm||N|
|Shizuoka||Sat 3:36 AM||1561 km||970 miles||843 nm||N|
|Osaka||Sat 3:36 AM||1587 km||986 miles||857 nm||NNW|
|Kobe||Sat 3:36 AM||1597 km||992 miles||862 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Sat 3:36 AM||1605 km||997 miles||867 nm||N|
|Nagoya||Sat 3:36 AM||1605 km||997 miles||867 nm||N|
|Melekeok||Sat 3:36 AM||1609 km||1000 miles||869 nm||SSW|
|Kumamoto||Sat 3:36 AM||1612 km||1002 miles||871 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.