Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 6:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 18:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.20 meters/second, 1509.1 km/hour, 937.7 miles/hour or 814.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.2"||937.39 mi||West||0° 00' 38.0"||0.73 mi||North||937.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 07.4"||755.91 mi||East||0° 11' 49.1"||13.55 mi||South||756.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Sat 4:46 AM||1112 km||691 miles||601 nm||SE|
|Kagoshima||Sat 3:46 AM||1379 km||857 miles||744 nm||NNW|
|Kumamoto||Sat 3:46 AM||1485 km||923 miles||802 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Sat 3:46 AM||1521 km||945 miles||821 nm||N|
|Melekeok||Sat 3:46 AM||1531 km||951 miles||826 nm||SSW|
|Osaka||Sat 3:46 AM||1535 km||954 miles||829 nm||N|
|Kobe||Sat 3:46 AM||1540 km||957 miles||832 nm||N|
|Shizuoka||Sat 3:46 AM||1552 km||964 miles||838 nm||N|
|Kyoto||Sat 3:46 AM||1568 km||974 miles||847 nm||N|
|Nagoya||Sat 3:46 AM||1574 km||978 miles||850 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.