Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 7:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 19:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.18 meters/second, 1509.1 kilometres/hour, 937.7 miles/hour or 814.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.6"||0.01 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.1"||937.36 mi||West||0° 00' 35.8"||0.68 mi||North||937.33 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 09.8"||755.92 mi||East||0° 12' 45.5"||14.63 mi||South||756.60 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taipei||Sat 3:10 AM||1164 km||723 miles||628 nm||WNW|
|Kagoshima||Sat 4:10 AM||1183 km||735 miles||639 nm||N|
|Kumamoto||Sat 4:10 AM||1315 km||817 miles||710 nm||N|
|Quezon||Sat 3:10 AM||1351 km||839 miles||729 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Sat 3:10 AM||1364 km||848 miles||737 nm||WSW|
|Fukuoka||Sat 4:10 AM||1405 km||873 miles||759 nm||N|
|Foochow||Sat 3:10 AM||1412 km||877 miles||762 nm||WNW|
|Matsuyama||Sat 4:10 AM||1426 km||886 miles||770 nm||N|
|Kitakyushu||Sat 4:10 AM||1432 km||890 miles||773 nm||N|
|Melekeok||Sat 4:10 AM||1519 km||944 miles||820 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.