Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 7:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 19:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.18 meters/second, 1509.0 kilometres/hour, 937.7 miles/hour or 814.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.6"||0.01 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.0"||937.35 mi||West||0° 00' 34.8"||0.66 mi||North||937.32 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 10.6"||755.93 mi||East||0° 13' 09.2"||15.08 mi||South||756.63 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Naha||Sat 4:20 AM||609 km||378 miles||329 nm||NNW|
|Taipei||Sat 3:20 AM||940 km||584 miles||508 nm||WNW|
|Taoyuan City||Sat 3:20 AM||955 km||593 miles||516 nm||WNW|
|Kaohsiung||Sat 3:20 AM||968 km||602 miles||523 nm||WNW|
|Taichung||Sat 3:20 AM||982 km||610 miles||530 nm||WNW|
|Quezon||Sat 3:20 AM||1139 km||708 miles||615 nm||SW|
|Manila||Sat 3:20 AM||1153 km||717 miles||623 nm||SW|
|Kagoshima||Sat 4:20 AM||1178 km||732 miles||636 nm||N|
|Foochow||Sat 3:20 AM||1190 km||739 miles||642 nm||WNW|
|Xiamen||Sat 3:20 AM||1241 km||771 miles||670 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.