Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 8:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 20:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.15 meters/second, 1509.0 kilometres/hour, 937.6 miles/hour or 814.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.5"||0.01 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 47.6"||937.29 mi||West||0° 00' 29.9"||0.57 mi||North||937.26 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 15.2"||755.97 mi||East||0° 15' 06.9"||17.33 mi||South||756.80 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Shantou||Sat 4:10 AM||274 km||170 miles||148 nm||NNW|
|Kowloon||Sat 4:10 AM||365 km||227 miles||197 nm||WNW|
|Hong Kong||Sat 4:10 AM||371 km||230 miles||200 nm||WNW|
|Kaohsiung||Sat 4:10 AM||382 km||237 miles||206 nm||NE|
|Xiamen||Sat 4:10 AM||388 km||241 miles||209 nm||N|
|Shenzhen||Sat 4:10 AM||393 km||244 miles||212 nm||WNW|
|Macau||Sat 4:10 AM||428 km||266 miles||231 nm||WNW|
|Taichung||Sat 4:10 AM||479 km||297 miles||258 nm||NE|
|Guangzhou||Sat 4:10 AM||494 km||307 miles||267 nm||WNW|
|Foshan||Sat 4:10 AM||502 km||312 miles||271 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.