Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 5, 2012 at 11:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 23:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.08 meters/second, 1508.7 km/hour, 937.5 miles/hour or 814.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.62 mi||West||0° 00' 00.2"||0.00 mi||North||15.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 46.2"||937.13 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||937.12 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 30.1"||756.13 mi||East||0° 23' 12.0"||26.60 mi||South||757.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dwarka||Sat 5:06 AM||192 km||119 miles||104 nm||NE|
|Porbandar||Sat 5:06 AM||215 km||134 miles||116 nm||ENE|
|Karachi||Sat 4:36 AM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||N|
|Hyderabad (PK)||Sat 4:36 AM||488 km||303 miles||264 nm||N|
|Mirpur Khas||Sat 4:36 AM||518 km||322 miles||280 nm||NNE|
|Surat||Sat 5:06 AM||537 km||333 miles||290 nm||E|
|Ahmedabad||Sat 5:06 AM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||ENE|
|Vasai-Virar||Sat 5:06 AM||569 km||353 miles||307 nm||ESE|
|Mumbai||Sat 5:06 AM||588 km||366 miles||318 nm||ESE|
|Vadodara||Sat 5:06 AM||591 km||368 miles||319 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.