Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 2:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 02:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.06 meters/second, 1508.6 km/hour, 937.4 miles/hour or 814.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.62 mi||West||0° 00' 00.1"||0.00 mi||South||15.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.3"||937.09 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||South||937.10 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 38.1"||756.25 mi||East||0° 29' 38.2"||33.98 mi||South||758.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kharga Oasis||Sat 4:20 AM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||NNE|
|Kufra||Sat 4:20 AM||596 km||370 miles||322 nm||NW|
|Aswan||Sat 4:20 AM||609 km||379 miles||329 nm||NE|
|Khartoum||Sat 5:20 AM||769 km||478 miles||415 nm||SE|
|Al-Ubayyid||Sat 5:20 AM||900 km||559 miles||486 nm||SSE|
|Siwa Oasis||Sat 4:20 AM||939 km||583 miles||507 nm||NNW|
|Port Sudan||Sat 5:20 AM||977 km||607 miles||528 nm||E|
|Faya-Largeau||Sat 3:20 AM||993 km||617 miles||536 nm||WSW|
|Cairo||Sat 4:20 AM||1051 km||653 miles||568 nm||NNE|
|Alexandria||Sat 4:20 AM||1146 km||712 miles||619 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.