Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 4:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 04:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.08 meters/second, 1508.7 km/hour, 937.4 miles/hour or 814.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.62 mi||West||0° 00' 00.3"||0.01 mi||South||15.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.6"||937.12 mi||West||0° 00' 19.6"||0.38 mi||South||937.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 42.2"||756.36 mi||East||0° 34' 58.3"||40.10 mi||South||758.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Sat 4:36 AM||511 km||318 miles||276 nm||SSE|
|Ouahigouya||Sat 4:36 AM||865 km||538 miles||467 nm||SSE|
|Smara||Sat 4:36 AM||935 km||581 miles||505 nm||NW|
|Koutiala||Sat 4:36 AM||957 km||595 miles||517 nm||S|
|Bamako||Sat 4:36 AM||983 km||611 miles||531 nm||SSW|
|Koudougou||Sat 4:36 AM||1008 km||626 miles||544 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Sat 4:36 AM||1023 km||636 miles||552 nm||SSE|
|El Aaiún||Sat 4:36 AM||1081 km||672 miles||584 nm||NW|
|Niamey||Sat 5:36 AM||1117 km||694 miles||603 nm||SE|
|Nouakchott||Sat 4:36 AM||1205 km||749 miles||651 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.