Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 4:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 04:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.08 meters/second, 1508.7 km/hour, 937.4 miles/hour or 814.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.62 mi||West||0° 00' 00.3"||0.01 mi||South||15.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.6"||937.12 mi||West||0° 00' 20.6"||0.40 mi||South||937.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 42.4"||756.37 mi||East||0° 35' 21.7"||40.55 mi||South||758.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Sat 4:46 AM||508 km||316 miles||275 nm||WSW|
|Timbuktu||Sat 4:46 AM||655 km||407 miles||353 nm||SE|
|Smara||Sat 4:46 AM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||NW|
|El Aaiún||Sat 4:46 AM||903 km||561 miles||488 nm||NW|
|Cape Bojador||Sat 4:46 AM||923 km||574 miles||499 nm||NW|
|Bamako||Sat 4:46 AM||929 km||578 miles||502 nm||S|
|Dakhla||Sat 4:46 AM||934 km||580 miles||504 nm||WNW|
|Nouakchott||Sat 4:46 AM||963 km||598 miles||520 nm||WSW|
|Ouahigouya||Sat 4:46 AM||975 km||606 miles||527 nm||SSE|
|Koutiala||Sat 4:46 AM||976 km||606 miles||527 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.