Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 7:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 69%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 07:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.13 meters/second, 1508.9 kilometres/hour, 937.6 miles/hour or 814.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.6"||0.01 mi||South||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.9"||937.24 mi||West||0° 00' 37.1"||0.71 mi||South||937.27 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 44.3"||756.50 mi||East||0° 41' 56.6"||48.09 mi||South||759.77 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Sat 3:34 AM||1516 km||942 miles||819 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sat 3:34 AM||1521 km||945 miles||822 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Sat 3:34 AM||1553 km||965 miles||838 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sat 3:34 AM||1554 km||966 miles||839 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Sat 3:34 AM||1558 km||968 miles||841 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Sat 3:34 AM||1583 km||984 miles||855 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sat 3:34 AM||1604 km||997 miles||866 nm||WSW|
|Kingstown||Sat 3:34 AM||1655 km||1028 miles||894 nm||WSW|
|Saint George's||Sat 3:34 AM||1772 km||1101 miles||957 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Sat 4:34 AM||1839 km||1142 miles||993 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.