Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 7:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 69%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 07:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.13 meters/second, 1508.9 km/hour, 937.6 miles/hour or 814.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.6"||0.01 mi||South||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.9"||937.24 mi||West||0° 00' 37.3"||0.71 mi||South||937.27 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 44.3"||756.50 mi||East||0° 42' 01.3"||48.18 mi||South||759.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sat 3:36 AM||1473 km||915 miles||795 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Sat 3:36 AM||1474 km||916 miles||796 nm||SW|
|Roseau||Sat 3:36 AM||1506 km||936 miles||813 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sat 3:36 AM||1507 km||936 miles||813 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Sat 3:36 AM||1512 km||940 miles||817 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Sat 3:36 AM||1539 km||956 miles||831 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sat 3:36 AM||1555 km||966 miles||840 nm||WSW|
|Kingstown||Sat 3:36 AM||1612 km||1001 miles||870 nm||WSW|
|Saint George's||Sat 3:36 AM||1729 km||1074 miles||934 nm||WSW|
|Port of Spain||Sat 3:36 AM||1805 km||1122 miles||975 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.