Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 8:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 68%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 08:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.15 meters/second, 1508.9 km/hour, 937.6 miles/hour or 814.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.6"||0.01 mi||South||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.8"||937.28 mi||West||0° 00' 41.6"||0.80 mi||South||937.32 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 44.2"||756.54 mi||East||0° 43' 44.6"||50.16 mi||South||760.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Sat 4:20 AM||469 km||291 miles||253 nm||SW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sat 4:20 AM||517 km||321 miles||279 nm||SW|
|The Valley||Sat 4:20 AM||517 km||321 miles||279 nm||SW|
|Gustavia||Sat 4:20 AM||522 km||324 miles||282 nm||SW|
|Marigot||Sat 4:20 AM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||SW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sat 4:20 AM||559 km||347 miles||302 nm||SW|
|Brades||Sat 4:20 AM||569 km||354 miles||307 nm||SW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Sat 4:20 AM||586 km||364 miles||316 nm||SSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sat 4:20 AM||619 km||384 miles||334 nm||SSW|
|Spanish Town||Sat 4:20 AM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.