Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 08:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 68%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 08:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.15 meters/second, 1508.9 km/hour, 937.6 miles/hour or 814.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.63 mi||west||0° 00' 00.6"||0.01 mi||south||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.8"||937.35 mi||west||0° 00' 41.7"||0.80 mi||south||937.39 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 44.2"||756.59 mi||east||0° 43' 47.3"||50.21 mi||south||760.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Sat 4:20 AM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||SW|
|The Valley||Sat 4:20 AM||495 km||307 miles||267 nm||SW|
|Gustavia||Sat 4:20 AM||501 km||311 miles||271 nm||SW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sat 4:20 AM||502 km||312 miles||271 nm||SSW|
|Marigot||Sat 4:20 AM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||SW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sat 4:20 AM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||SW|
|Brades||Sat 4:20 AM||555 km||345 miles||299 nm||SSW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Sat 4:20 AM||574 km||356 miles||310 nm||SSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sat 4:20 AM||606 km||377 miles||327 nm||SSW|
|Road Town||Sat 4:20 AM||619 km||385 miles||334 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.