Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 9:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 68%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 09:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.19 meters/second, 1509.1 km/hour, 937.7 miles/hour or 814.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.8"||0.01 mi||South||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.4"||937.37 mi||West||0° 00' 49.2"||0.94 mi||South||937.42 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 43.6"||756.61 mi||East||0° 46' 43.0"||53.56 mi||South||760.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Camagüey *||Sat 5:36 AM||64 km||40 miles||35 nm||NW|
|Holguín *||Sat 5:36 AM||127 km||79 miles||69 nm||E|
|Santiago de Cuba *||Sat 5:36 AM||202 km||125 miles||109 nm||ESE|
|Montego Bay||Sat 4:36 AM||281 km||175 miles||152 nm||S|
|Santa Clara *||Sat 5:36 AM||302 km||188 miles||163 nm||WNW|
|May Pen||Sat 4:36 AM||334 km||207 miles||180 nm||S|
|Kingston||Sat 4:36 AM||338 km||210 miles||182 nm||SSE|
|George Town (Cayman)||Sat 4:36 AM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||WSW|
|Nassau *||Sat 5:36 AM||455 km||282 miles||245 nm||N|
|Gonaïves *||Sat 5:36 AM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.