Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 11:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 11:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.25 meters/second, 1509.3 km/hour, 937.8 miles/hour or 815.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.9"||0.02 mi||South||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.3"||937.52 mi||West||0° 00' 59.0"||1.13 mi||South||937.57 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 41.7"||756.69 mi||East||0° 50' 37.4"||58.04 mi||South||761.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Leon *||Sat 6:16 AM||19 km||12 miles||10 nm||N|
|Aguascalientes *||Sat 6:16 AM||122 km||76 miles||66 nm||NNW|
|Querétaro *||Sat 6:16 AM||138 km||86 miles||75 nm||ESE|
|Morelia *||Sat 6:16 AM||147 km||91 miles||79 nm||SSE|
|San Luis Potosi *||Sat 6:16 AM||151 km||94 miles||81 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara *||Sat 6:16 AM||178 km||111 miles||96 nm||W|
|Ajijic *||Sat 6:16 AM||181 km||113 miles||98 nm||WSW|
|Fresnillo *||Sat 6:16 AM||276 km||171 miles||149 nm||NNW|
|Colima *||Sat 6:16 AM||287 km||178 miles||155 nm||SW|
|Mexico City *||Sat 6:16 AM||314 km||195 miles||170 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.