Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 11:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 11:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.27 meters/second, 1509.4 km/hour, 937.9 miles/hour or 815.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||South||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.2"||937.55 mi||West||0° 01' 01.0"||1.17 mi||South||937.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 41.1"||756.71 mi||East||0° 51' 24.3"||58.94 mi||South||761.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Punta Mita *||Sat 6:36 AM||103 km||64 miles||56 nm||E|
|Puerto Vallarta *||Sat 6:36 AM||137 km||85 miles||74 nm||ESE|
|Tepic *||Sat 5:36 AM||178 km||111 miles||96 nm||ENE|
|Ixtlán del Río *||Sat 5:36 AM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||E|
|Mazatlan *||Sat 5:36 AM||252 km||157 miles||136 nm||N|
|Guadalajara *||Sat 6:36 AM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||E|
|Colima *||Sat 6:36 AM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||ESE|
|Aguascalientes *||Sat 6:36 AM||448 km||279 miles||242 nm||ENE|
|Fresnillo *||Sat 6:36 AM||449 km||279 miles||242 nm||NE|
|Leon *||Sat 6:36 AM||501 km||312 miles||271 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.