Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 11:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 11:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.28 meters/second, 1509.4 km/hour, 937.9 miles/hour or 815.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||South||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.2"||937.58 mi||West||0° 01' 02.9"||1.20 mi||South||937.64 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 40.6"||756.73 mi||East||0° 52' 11.1"||59.83 mi||South||761.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mazatlan *||Sat 5:56 AM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||ENE|
|Puerto Vallarta *||Sat 6:56 AM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||E|
|Tepic *||Sat 5:56 AM||672 km||418 miles||363 nm||E|
|Durango *||Sat 6:56 AM||767 km||477 miles||414 nm||ENE|
|Guadalajara *||Sat 6:56 AM||832 km||517 miles||449 nm||E|
|Hermosillo||Sat 4:56 AM||903 km||561 miles||488 nm||N|
|Aguascalientes *||Sat 6:56 AM||943 km||586 miles||509 nm||E|
|Leon *||Sat 6:56 AM||1004 km||624 miles||542 nm||E|
|Chihuahua *||Sat 5:56 AM||1006 km||625 miles||543 nm||NNE|
|San Luis Potosi *||Sat 6:56 AM||1082 km||672 miles||584 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.